The first of the 3 General Membership Meetings(GMM) of Direct Selling Association of the Philippines (DSAP) for the year 2019 kicked off on April 10, 2019 at AIM Acceed Conference Center Manila in Makati MM. The year’s overarching theme is POWER UP For Maximum Performance. This a fitting follow up theme from last year’s LEVEL UP :Raising the Bar.
After the Invocation of Ms. Jehmma Romero, Youngevity Operations Manager, the host of the program Ms. MJ Carton of Edmarkhighlighted the introduction of the newest DSAP’s hashtag – #ParaSureDapatDSAPMember–with its accompanying hand gestures demonstrated by board member and External Affairs Committee head, Liza Morales.
As customary, DSAP Chairman and Max International Vice President, Mr. Joey Sarmiento delivered the welcome remarks with the data on how the DSAP members companies performed in the year 2018 as per survey results with these following highlights :
- 84% Achieved Sales Growth
- 4% Maintained Sales Volume
- 12% Registered Sales Decline
- 52% Achieved Recruitment Growth
- 5% Maintained Recruitment Count
- 43% Registered Recruitment Decline
On the organization as a whole, he recounted that the Direct Selling Industry, represented by DSAP, was one of the 30 industries invited to be part of the PILIPINAS ANGAT LAHAT ALLIANCE launched under the effort ofthe Office of the Presidential Adviser for Entrepreneurship.
Also, he mentionedthe DSAP board had a dialogue/consultation with Ms. Nela Charade Puno,Director General Food and Drug Administration.
Then he went on to give updates on the Government Affairs Committee which he heads. In collaboration with other committees and DTI, its activities in 2018 include among others:
- DTI – DSAP 2018 Memorandum of Understanding Signing
- DTI – DSAP Anti pyramiding Education Campaign
- DTI Taskforce reviewing compensation plans of MLM / DirectSelling Companies and Launch DTI’s Seal of Legitimacy
- DTI – Negosyo Centerspromoting Direct Selling and DSAP member companies asLegitimate Business Opportunities
Right after the welcome address, the introduction and induction to office of 2019 DSAP Officers. They are Joey Sarmiento, Arlene Asidao, Atty. Errol Palaci, Jiji Recto, Beth Añana, Boyet Fidelino, Jimmy Dinio, Liza Morales and Bong Valenzuela. They were led in oath-taking byno otherthan Atty. Jose P. Aquino, Director of the Enforcement and Investor Protection Department (EIPD) of the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
From one oath-taking, we moved to another. This time we welcomed and inducted 2 additional new regular member companies, namely, Atomy Philippines represented by Marketing staff Angela Louise De Leon, and ElkenPhilippines represented by Country Manager Pope Paul Bautista.
Right after, awarding of the Membership Certificates for those who have complied with DSAP requirements followed. These companies are:
- 4 Life 8. Forever Living 14. Philkraft
- Amway 9. Ganoitouch 15. Qnet
- BWL 10. Herbalife 16. Reliv
- DLC 11. Max International 17. Sunrider
- DXN 12. New Image 18. Unicity
- Edmark 13. Nu Skin 19. Youngevity
To be aware of external matters which have definite impact on our industry, we had Mr.Marco Miguel Javier, Assistant Vice President and Head of the Investment Advisory of the BPI Investments Distribution Group, to give us the economic outlook.
In addition, Atty. Willie Santiago of Tax and Corporate Services Division (TACS), Diaz Murillo Dalupan & Company, to update us on TRAIN law implications.
Lastly, we were given rundowns of the current and future activities in 2019 of various Committees.